Other Categories

Other Categories

We draw on our specialist knowledge and language skills to advise a range of clients. We have extensive experience in handling complex applications. We are very well placed to assist clients in all circumstances.

Representatives of an overseas business

You can apply to come to the UK as a representative of an overseas business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and you’re either:

  • the sole representative of an overseas company planning to set up a UK branch or a wholly owned subsidiary for an overseas parent company
  • an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation posted on a long-term assignment to the UK

You must also meet the other eligibility requirements.

Please contact us should you have any questions or require us to assist with your application.

Domestic worker in a private household

You can apply for a visa to visit the UK with your employer if you:

  • are a domestic worker in a private household
  • have worked for your employer for at least one year
  • are from outside the EEA and Switzerland
  • meet the other eligibility requirements

Domestic workers include cleaners, chauffeurs, cooks, nannies and those providing personal care for the employer and their family.

For further information, please contact us.

UK Ancestry

You can apply for a UK Ancestry visa if you:

  • are a Commonwealth citizen
  • are applying from outside the UK
  • are able to prove that one of your grandparents was born in the UK
  • are able and planning to work in the UK
  • meet the other eligibility requirements

Individuals in this category may apply for settlement following five years’ continuous residence in the UK.

For further information, please contact us.

Study in the UK

Tier 4 (General)

The Tier 4 (General) subcategory enables nationals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland aged 16 and over to study at a UK university or college that holds a Tier 4 sponsor licence.

Tier 4 (Child)

The Tier 4 (Child) category enables nationals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland aged 4-17 years to study in the UK at a licensed independent educational institution.

For further information, please contact us.

Visit the UK

You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK:

  • for leisure, for example on holiday or to see your family and friends
  • for business, or to take part in sports or creative events
  • for another reason, for example to receive private medical treatment

For further information, please contact us.

Indefinite leave to remain

Migrants in eligible immigration categories may apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) (ie to settle in the UK) once they satisfy certain conditions, including meeting a period of continuous residence in the UK, demonstrating sufficient knowledge of the English language, passing the Life in the UK Test, and other eligibility requirements.

For further information, please contact us.

British citizenship


Naturalisation is the most common way for adults who were not born British to become a British citizen. You must understand that under the nationality laws of some countries, a person will automatically lose their nationality if they become a citizen of another country. If you have any questions about this, you must ask the authorities of the country of which you are a citizen through their embassy or high commission before making your application.

To apply to naturalise as a British citizen, you will have to fulfil the residency requirements, and hold Indefinite Leave to Remain/Permanent Residence. You will also need to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the English Language, and Life in the UK, be of good character, and have the intention to make the UK your home. The good character is mainly based on previous immigration history and an individual’s criminal history.


Registration is the only way that a child under the age of 18 can become a British citizen, and is also used for adults in special circumstances. It is not necessary to demonstrate sufficient knowledge of the English Language, and Life in the UK, however anyone over the age of 10 is still subject to the good character requirement.

To discuss your requirements and to find out whether you are automatically a British citizen or how to apply to become a British citizen, please contact us.

Challenging Home Office decisions and Appeals

If your application has been refused, we can help with getting the decision overturned by:

  • applying for a reconsideration;
  • requesting an administrative review;
  • lodging appeals to the Immigration First-Tier and Upper Tribunals; and
  • filing for judicial review.

We are proud of our reputation in appeal work. We are not afraid to challenge public bodies when the wrong decision has been made. We specialise in appeals and have an almost 100% success rate. For further information, please contact us.

Human rights and Asylum applications

Human rights visas are issued by the Home Office based on special situations such as compassion and also protection of the individual, the family and the child.

For our bespoke human rights, private life and asylum services, please contact us.

Discretionary leave

We can assist clients where no solutions appear to exist under the current Immigration Rules. Our team is experienced at obtaining discretionary leave to remain in the UK for people who are able to prove that their circumstances are compelling on compassionate grounds.

For further information, please contact us.


We offer comprehensive services for the dependants of migrants in all UK immigration categories.

For further information, please contact us.

Tier 5 (Temporary workers)

Tier 5 of the points-based system is for people travelling to the UK to work temporarily under a Temporary Worker visa  or the Youth Mobility Scheme.

This subcategory covers temporary workers from specialist professions to come to the UK to work for periods of both up to 12 months and up to 24 months.

For further information, please contact us.

About Us

Sushma Awtani

Awtani Immigration Solicitors are a leading specialist Divorce and UK Immigration and Nationality law firm founded by Sushma Awtani.

From multinational corporations to high net worth individuals, our professionals provide advice to international organisations, entrepreneurs, small to large sized businesses and private individuals.

Contact Details & Membership

Awtani Immigration Solicitors is a proud member of the following organisations

Resolution Member
ILPA member
Awtani Immigration is, for the time being, a trading style of Taylor Rose TTKW Limited. Taylor Rose TTKW Limited is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA No. 623604, and is a company registered in England & Wales, Company No. 09673088. Registered office: 13-15 Moorgate, London EC2R 6AD. We use the word 'partner' to mean a senior manager or consultant, or a shareholder.